First Line Support Engineer – Job Description
Foundation IT are looking for an ambitious and driven First Line Support Engineer to join a skilled team that delivers high quality support for complex infrastructure and excellent customer service to our clients.
The role demands strong communication skills and a passion for developing long-standing relationships with colleagues, clients and partners.
A successful candidate will have the capability to deliver resolution to problems within Service Level Agreements. They will also have experience troubleshooting and managing issues across the range of technologies listed here. Critically, they will appreciate the importance of delivering not just a solution, but the right solution and will be able to articulate the difference.
Foundation IT are a growing managed service provider with a well-established reputation in the following areas:
- Server, Storage, Networking
- Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Virtualisation and VDI
- Cloud Services
We have a professional collaborative, hands-on and fun working style that delivers quality services to clients and makes FiT an enjoyable place to work.
People are at the heart of everything we do; investing in their personal and professional development is important to us and key to building healthy, long lasting relationships as a group and with our clients and partners.
Our clients include multinational financial services companies – insurance, investment, retail banking – as well as household names in retail, leisure and many more in-between.
Our Values are Family, Integrity and Technology.
- Ensure that all support calls are handled effectively.
- React to alerts from monitoring systems within SLA.
- Ensure that all clients’ systems are patched and operating optimally.
- Organise the appropriate resource to deliver solutions in the fastest time possible.
- Liaise effectively with 3rd party vendors and partners to manage resolution where we require action or information from these parties to resolve our commitments within SLA.
- Produce reporting information for clients to a high quality and to a deadline.
Skills & Experience
Ideal applicants will have a previous Technical Support background, strong attention to detail and very high standards. Relevant experience or an aptitude to acquire the following skills and knowledge quickly is advantageous:
- VMware ESXi & vSphere from 4.0 to 6.5
- HyperV & VMM from 2012 to 2016
- Server hardware architectures and systems
- Windows Server Admin from 2008 to 2016
- Backup solutions: Veeam, EVault, Arcserve, BackupExec or similar
- Storage architectures and systems: DAS, NAS, SAN, iSCSI, FC
- Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy & Exchange from 2010 up to 2016
- Firewalls, routers, load balancers across a variety of vendors
- Switching – ideally Dell, HP or Cisco
- Monitoring suites – SolarWinds, SCOM, PRTG, Zabbix or similar
- Scripting – PowerShell or similar
We offer competitive salary and benefits for the appropriate candidate as well as a commitment to training and professional development.
Benefits include: Private Medical Insurance, 25 days leave, Contributory Pension Scheme, Death in Service Cover.
Does your personal and professional profile fit? If so, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering paragraph that explains why you feel Foundation IT is a progressive and long term next step for you.